Friday, November 20, 2009

Violet Elsie May Alden- My maternal Grandmother

My Grandmother; the woman, for whom George Albert Richards,my Grandfather [The Riddle] wrote the riddle, to win, as his wife.
My Grandma was the role model around whom I shaped my life. She was always ready to listen to me and would most often put aside whatever she was doing to spend quality time with her friends and family. I found this a novelty because my Mum was very busy as a farmers wife and rarely had time to sit and chat with us.
Violet Elsie May outlived my granddad by twenty years and was in her nineties when she died.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! You do these vintage photo memories sooo very well!! Hope to see more???????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will put more up as soon as I have time and Mojo seems to have run away. Holiday time is always a busy time [7kids a day mostly] and by the end of the day I just blob. I had planned to do the Christmas challenge had a plan and everything but no time

    ReplyDelete